Questions You Should be Asking the World Around You
We’ve all had it happen to us at one point or another. A person walks up to you and asks you to take a picture with his girlfriend, while an accomplice sneakily grabs your luggage and walks away. The happy couple thanks you for your helpfulness before they too walk away with the evidence. Here are a few things that can help keep you safe from thieves when traveling this summer.
1. Always keep your luggage close by. The farther you have to run back to it, the bigger the head-start the thieves will have for their escape.
2. Keep your head up and pay attention to your surroundings. If you don’t want to look shifty, don’t worry, just pretend as if you’re searching for your chauffeur, or your fiance. The important part is to have a keen awareness of where everyone else is, in relation to where you are standing.
3. Crossing your arms and putting on a mean face, while towering over your luggage might work if you’re in a Hollywood movie, but generally this will only cause people to laugh at you internally. Walk around your luggage occasionally and always keep your luggage inside your field of view. It’s not necessary to walk perfect circles around your luggage, just maintain a random pattern while walking around. This will also help to keep your senses from getting dull, and it allows you ample room to adjust your stance in case you have to intercept thieves, or run after them.
4. Don’t trust happy people. Traveling is a stress generating activity. People are worried about being late. They’re worried about being too early. They’re worried about getting stranded, not having enough money, losing their luggage, etc. etc. The happy person at an airport is either mentally retarded, or scheming to do something. Keep your conversations to a minimum. And if someone wants you to take their picture, lead them to picturesque spots of your own choosing. It serves as a way to disrupt their pre-planned schemes, and it gives you the advantage.
5. If your bag comes with a long shoulder strap, shorten it. The higher up your bag is to your torso, the less it will swing around to distract you. This also helps if you have to walk briskly to your flight terminal, and you won’t get tired as fast since your body won’t have to compensate for rotating mass.
Jesus. Church. Bible.
Apologetics | Theology
Affiliate, Mobile, Social Media and Digital Marketing
Always learn from the curiosity within and around myself.
Live with Light of Faith
Everything I like to blog about anime, manga, Japan and more
MY OPINIONS AND MUSINGS
A blog dedicated to my bjd dolls creation
意大利旅居記事簿：來自意國的微笑 by Scarlett To
Writing is all about finding the courage to write. And courage is all about realizing that some things are more important than fear.
A non-traditional blog on reading, writing and exploring
weirdo manner to talk about anime.
Warm welcome! This is more than an exploration. Discovery of new ideas and new ways of being.
the road less traveled